- Last week was Bikes or Bust week and we had a blast surpassing our goal and raising enough money to purchase 350 bikes for kids at 11 schools in our community.
- The staff and volunteers that I have the privilege to lead are exceptional. That fact was on display once again through Bikes or Bust.
- On Sunday we did a Bless Back project for families in our community by giving free haircuts and pictures with Santa. Once again, our team did an exceptional job making an impact in the lives of people.
- The Do You See What I See Initiative is in full swing and I love seeing the generosity of our church continue to build.
- Raising $650,000 over and above our normal giving during the month of December will be a miracle for our less than 5 year old church. I am grateful that God is in the miracle working business.
- Devin and I gave toward this initiative this week and we are excited about seeing what God does with – by far – the largest one time gift we have ever given.
- The stories we have already heard of sacrifice and generosity have been inspiring.
- We are only 11 days away from the 1st of 3 Christmas Eve Worship Experiences. Begin praying and inviting now as this is going to be one of the most life-changing weekends in the history of our church.
- The crew that makes this possible every year is second to none. Can’t wait to experience Christmas in Technicolor at Freedom Church. You have three opportunities: Sunday, December 23rd at 7PM and Monday, December 24th at 2PM & 4PM.
- This coming Sunday is going to be one of our best ever. Can’t wait til Sunday!
Join us for the second installment of a brand new 6 part series about seeing life from a different perspective. It’s going to be an encouraging series that you do not want to miss.
Freedom Church currently meets at Barber Middle School (right next to Acworth Elementary) in Acworth GA at 9:45 and 11:30.
- What a week!
- We made a huge announcement on Sunday which you can listen to via iTunes, watch via Video, or read about here.
- I am grateful that the people of Freedom Church will stop at nothing to reach people far from God. Love it.
- Bikes or Bust 2012 kicks off this afternoon at 5PM. 48 hours of insanity that you can attend or tune into live at BikesOrBust.TV.
- Bikes or Bust is an event we are doing to provide under-privileged children at 11 elementary schools in our area a brand new bicycle for Christmas. Bikes are $40 but any amount can be given.
- We are only 17 days away from our 1st of 3 Christmas Eve Worship Experiences! Begin inviting people now and make plans to get there early. The times are 7PM on the 23rd and 2PM and 4PM on the 24th.
- I love the team of people I get to work with every day. Passionate. Hilarious. Hard-working. I could go on and on.
- Can’t wait for Sunday. Week 2 of Do You See What I See is going to be a great one.
It was during a 40-day fast last year that I really began praying for God to give us an opportunity to be on Cobb Parkway. Almost a year to the day, God has given Freedom Church the favor to do just that! (For a more detailed version of this God-story, go back and listen to the podcast or watch the video from Sunday, December 2nd here)
Freedom Church intends to purchase the Days Chevrolet Auction Building (3611 Cobb Parkway), immediately across from WalMart and Starbucks.
Here are a few details about the plans:
- This location on Cobb Parkway will strategically position us to be able to reach thousands of people far from God so they can experience life in Christ.
- An intentionally “small” 17,000 square foot venue will allow us to maintain financial flexibility, so that we can capitalize on God-given opportunities in the years ahead.
- We will be able to house 650 people per Worship Experience. There will be 500 seats in the auditorium and room for 150 kids in the Freedom Kids area. We will be able to reach 1,950 in three Worship Experiences and 2,450 when we move to four.
- The total cost is $3.4 million. $2 million for the property and $1.4 million for the build-out. This is far less than we would pay to purchase land and build. It accurately reflects our commitment to excellence but not extravagance.
So what does this mean for you and your family? I want to ask you to be heavily involved in making this vision become a reality.
During December, our entire church will take part in the ‘Do You See What I See’ Initiative. We have set a goal of $650,000, which will allow us to make the down payment, hire one additional staff member, and put several months of resources in a savings account to offset the increase in expenses.
In order for us to be able to pull this off we will need everyone to sacrifice. Generosity is part of our culture and now it’s time to put our money where our mouth is.
My family has committed to sacrifice heavily for this initiative. Two-thirds of our volunteers have already committed over $480,000 in order to make this vision become a reality. We need your help to raise the additional $170,000 that we need to reach our goal
Begin discussing and praying about this among your family to determine what God would have you give. Our goal is so high that if it is accomplished, only God could get the credit. That’s the way we like it.
We will be receiving this offering throughout the month of December, with a special emphasis at our Christmas Eve Worship Experiences or you can give online here by clicking the drop down menu and designating to the Do You See What I See Initiative.
Devin and I consider it an honor to lead this great church. We’ve seen God move mightily in the past. However, I believe that the best is yet to come!
Do you see what I see? I believe you do!
We are kicking off a brand new 6 part series about seeing life from a different perspective. It’s going to be an encouraging series that you do not want to miss.
This Sunday at both 9:45 and 11:30 I’ll be making a huge announcement and giving you a picture of what is coming next at Freedom Church. It’s going to be an incredible day.
Freedom Church currently meets at Barber Middle School (right next to Acworth Elementary) in Acworth GA.